The Swaddle Up Hip Harness Swaddle has been specially designed for babies being treated for Hip Dysplasia. It has been designed with a wider fit at the bottom so that it can be worn over a Hip Dysplasia Harness or Brace.
It is the world's first baby swaddle which allows your baby to sleep in their natural position, with their arms up.
Leading research shows that babies should be swaddled in their natural position with arms up. With hands naturally in the wing position, babies can bring their hands to their mouths or gently touch their cheeks. These actions are very important for two main reasons: it helps the baby self soothe and therefore settle better, and babies learn about the world through hand to mouth actions even when they sleep. Therefore having access to their mouths assists with development. In a Swaddle Up, baby is snugly swaddled, helping reduce startle reflex but still has access to their hands and stays safely wrapped all night long!
Often parents wrap their baby very tightly so that they do not unwrap themselves during sleep. Wrapping babies too tightly is dangerous as it can cause hip dysplasia and respiration problems. Made from 360° stretch fabric, The Swaddle Up expands and contracts to fit your baby. The ergonomic shape and stretch fabric of the Swaddle Up baby swaddle is perfect for promoting your babies circulation, and you'll never risk wrapping too tight again.
Swaddle Up is designed to have a womb-like fit which follows the babies natural silhouette, so even pressure is applied all the way down the body, not too tight in one spot or too loose in another, just perfect! This evenly distributed pressure is proven to settle even the most colicky bub.
- Created especially for babies being treated with Hip Dysplasia
- Designed with a wider fit at the bottom to be worn over a Hip Dysplasia harness or brace
- Suitable for use with a Pavlik Harness, Denis Browne Bar (DBB) and Rhino Brace
- 1.0 TOG for all seasons - dress up/down according to temperature
- Extra long two-way zipper for easy nappy change
- 360 degrees stretch allows for good range of motion
- Snug fit around the chest makes your baby feel secure and helps calm their natural startle reflex
- External labels and inside out seams mean there's no annoyance on baby's skin on the inside
- Toggle tent keeps the zipper covered so it won't annoy baby or get into their mouth
- Machine washable, tumble dryer friendly
- Australian designed and owned
- Made from 93% cotton, 7% elastin
- Available in two sizes:
- Small (3-6 kg - newborn to 3mths) or up to 50cm from front/base of neck (collarbone) to feet
- Medium (6-8.5kg - approximately 3 to 6 months) or 55cm from front/base of neck to feet
To see other Love to Dream products click here