Colostrum is a nutrient-rich fluid produced by the mammary gland after giving birth. Colostrum is loaded with immune, growth and tissue repair factors, which helps in the development of immunity in the newborn.
The Haakaa silicone colostrum collector is a designed to collect expressed colostrum antenatally and postnatally in a safe, easy-to-use storage solution. Traditionally, colostrum is collected in single-use syringes often made from harmful plastics. This Haakaa collector is made of 100% medical grade silicone, which means it won't leach nasty toxins and can be safely stored in the fridge or freezer. It's easy-to-use and reuse, making it the ideal option for mums both before and after birth!
The Silicone Colostrum Collector Set comes with 6 x Colostrum Collectors (4ml) and a complimentary cotton wipe, together in a clear storage case.
Please note: Ensure clearance from your health professional prior to antenatal expressing as there may be a risk of early labour.
- Collect, store and feed colostrum from the same container.
- Made of 100% medical grade silicone.
- Soft squeezable silicone has a vacuum effect to collect droplets.
- Nib suctions colostrum off the nipple, can also be removed to express directly into the collector.
- Portable, leakproof and reusable.
- Heat and freeze resistant.
- Clear measurements.
- Non-toxic and safe for newborns.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
To see other Haakaa products click here.